Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Life aim

If after 100 years from my death, one person remembers my name and a small good thing about me, then my life hadn't been lived uselessly. Immortality is a concept that kind of lingers through our thoughts from time to time. The very idea of becoming a part of history is incredibly alluring isn't it? Some may even have a plan for achieving immortality...I don't , but I do have passions that I want to keep nourishing until I can figure out what else I can get out of them except my sheer pleasure.
I a have a Florida Red-eared Slider (Trachemys Scripta Elegans) , its name is Jeremiah and I absolutely adore him. He was my 21st birthday present and it was love at first sight. I was obsessed with frogs before, now I'm infatuated with turtles. My friends say I'm mad and I agree, but when I'm passionate about something I really go the extra mile. I even joined a turtle forum so that I can provide Jeremiah with the best care and support he can get in a home.
You should think really carefully before getting a reptile as a pet, they are very sensitive. I got Jeremiah as a present but before I could figure out exactly what to do and how to do it, he got a little sick; I had to change his living environment and take him to the doctor. So get extremely well informed about the pet you wish to purchase, because when you get one, you became responsible for another life than your own, and that's a serious job.

No comments: