Thursday, April 26, 2007

Pure jaded morning in slippery sheets

I've never noticed how shhh-vibrant the city is at 05:30 AM 'till this morning. The bus was full of quiet people, the streets were crawling with early-to-the-job-individuals...nobody was talking...except for yours truly and Aida. The pure-polluted morning made me remember, I don't know why, the Jaded Video from Aerosmith, the end of it actually, when the pretty dark-haired-green-eyed-disoriented girl opens a trapdoor and enters a great forest, flooded by the morning rays...I felt just like that.

Then I thought how things are used and reused (Reduce, Reuse and Recycle from Captain Planet, for those who used to or still watch it), even the props. In Justin Timberlake's latest car-crashing video, he has a scene where he sings for the audience (cliche for many music videos) and the background is amazingly similar to the background used in Jaded (but the latter is more artistically motivated, whereas in JT's video it's just so that Scarlett Johansson would have a reason to dress in the '20s/2007 chic style).

After the two backgrounds collided in my mind, a third similar one resonated in my head, former Puff Daddy's, present P Diddy's video featuring the lovely Jenifer Lopez's ASSets had a decor just like in Jaded...Circus, Circus (and I don't mean the Las Vegas location where Tu Pack was shot).

Great ideas come hardly, good ideas come slightly easier, bad ideas are always on our mind, we swirl in a pool of jaded mornings, we try to hide our eyes in slippery sheets, but it always seems that dogs wake me up in the morning and the idiot on the 5th floor that plays basketball in his room wakes me up in the afternoon.

Life is rapidly turning into a nebula for me and my home into a menagerie...Jeremiah has grown a lot and he even snaps his beak at people - be careful and don't piss off your turtle by exaggerating the head-caress period - and he has a company now, a doggy called Cookie. This dog is the reason why I have reevaluated my respect for mothers in general and for my own sweet mother in particular. I had to stay up a few nights and feed Cookie once every two hours, imagine to have to do that for a few hard-passing months with a small human-being...I don't know how mothers do it.

I woke up this morning after approx 9 minutes of sleep, I never felt so untired in my life, it's amazing how our mind can fool our body ;).

No comments: