Saturday, May 5, 2007

Visa and the Northern Lights

After a 4-hour-back-aching-cold-enduring-waiting in line in front of the USA Embassy and after 2 very hard questions :D, I finally got my visa. This summer you can reach me at 108 Parkway, Stateline, NV, on the actual state-line. 8 of my friends (very funny and interesting individuals, Aida is amongst them of course) will join me.

The big plan is to visit as many cities as we can (Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Reno, New York) and to have as much fun as we can...the American way. Actually I really want to SEE, HEAR and KNOW, first hand, what all the fuss is really about.

Since the moment I knew I was going to go for three months on the West Coast, I obsessively had one thing in mind...to reach Alaska and see the Aurora Borealis - a phenomenon that surpasses any human-made-artistic beauty.

So...California (and Nevada) here I come :D!


Best wishes,

Lumi


PS: Here's a glimpse of the light spectacle that the North's magnetic field has to offer (sorry but my youtube-download-function just seems to ignore me, so I'm gonna have to settle with these imagines).


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

..uaa..am ramas ca la dentist.. super frumos, magnific :) as putea sa mor chiar acolo..oare o sa traiesc sa vad asa ceva ? Se misca? sau sunt stabile..

Lumi said...

Luminile Aurorei Boreala se misca, sunt superbe. O sa pun un filmulet sa le vezi in desfasurare. E cel mai frumos light-show de pe planeta.