Monday, May 14, 2007

Suddenly...I am a student

I kind of skipped school these last...months, I only went if I had a presentation, a test or an exam...the classes just don't allure me anymore, because I tend to fall asleep on a bench, thinking of everything except the class I physically attend that particular moment.

After all the mint-rubbing, the sleepless nights with deadline on my head, after all the days of waiting for something to take me out of the vicious-sloth-circle, I woke up this morning with the heap of projects crashing over me...suddenly the mint-rubbing-time has ended, I have become a student yet again, with an up-coming examination and two presentations tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

Sleepless nights await me with open eyes...but the thing that bothers me the most is not the future tiredness, not the fact that I didn't go to school, not even the almost-tasteless-salad I had last night in a pub with some friends (at least the company was great, although tired)...the thing that bothers me the most is the fact that I don't feel one bit of regret for the fact that I insolently skipped classes.

Endless numbers of too-much-"texted" slides are not my idea of classes, neither is the fact that I, no matter the hour of day, feel the sudden urge to put my head on a bench an sweep away to dreamland the instance a new "Now let's see another slide" sentence flows from the lecturer's mouth.

So, my dear reader, I would like to know, if I may, if you go to classes and if you do, what keeps you from slowly shutting your eyes and think about the minute you get out of that uncrowded boring room and see the green of May or drink a delicious Moccacino.

No comments: