Friday, May 18, 2007

Carol Park

These days I'm discovering a whole new side of Bucharest, the non-polluted-friendly-peaceful-side, the side that makes me fall in love with this city.

After a few extremely tiresome, sleepless, mood-less nights, yesterday I left all the projects, all the stress an took a day off, a day to recover my energy, a day to relax my mind.

I started strolling on Magheru Blvd, the aim was Carturesti and another meeting with my beloved Dali, but I realised on the way that I wanted something different, something bigger, something greener that day. I had never gone to Carol Park, so after calling my friend H. for directions, I went there.

Amazing, so peaceful, so serene, so green, for a few moments I had the sensation that I was in the mountains somewhere, near a bohemian lake with a five-arch-mausoleum as a sentinel. Statues, a working artificial fountain at the entrance, lots of trees...I really charged my batteries for an hour or so. And the thing that pleasantly surprised me the most was a little game that the light played with the lake's water on a man-made stone bridge. It was comparable to the special effects in James Cameron's Abyss.

...water, light, the green of the seemingly-untouched-by-man-nature-corner, a real "I'm on a mountain right now" sensation, relaxation, a free-extreme-biking-show...

The day ended much better than I thought it would....in the great company of a very nice friend, in a zen-like, Greece garden, with fluffy pigeons and non-alcoholic beer.

Go to Carol Park and enjoy!

2 comments:

ioana ciobotariu said...

aaa...ai pus poza cu mine in actiune :)) eu nici nu am pozele astea! sa mi le dai si mie :D

conteaza foarte mult cum te simti si cu cine esti..daca esti cu persoana potrivita si ai starea potrivita, pana si cea mai imputita bodega ti se va parea un ocean de romantism :P

Lumi said...

I tottaly agree...pozele le are Luci, dar ti le dau duminica, cand ajungem amandoua prin camera.