Monday, June 23, 2008

Nonsense

The equality calculation predispositions an inaccurate contribution to socially interacting endeavor, that overthrew the malicious suppositions of the participating party...

If you are from Earth, you speak English and you are in full control of your mental capabilities, there's a fairly good chance that you didn't understand much from the previous paragraph.

Imagine that you are in a room full of people, all extremely specialized and trained in only one field each. Imagine you enter this room, without knowing one thing about any of the fields the individuals specialize in. The people are talking, nobody can understand one single thing. How do you ask somebody where the bathroom is? How do you ask for a glass of water or for directions?

It's not enough that we know a lot of stuff about a lot of stuff, we have to be able to share that through means of communication that are easily understood by others, otherwise, we couldn't help anybody find a bathroom, but we could tell them the Theory of Relativity...I doubt they would care in that precise moment.

Today I listened to a lot of oldies from Marilyn Manson, they kind of kept me awake during the hot hours of the day when I had to work on my final thesis...but, besides the point. I was listening to The Nobodies. I have listened to this song too many time than I can count, and only today I thought about reeeeally listening to the lyrics, but I couldn't make out a lot of what he said, so, of course, I searched the last verses online and I found this:

We are the nobodies
wannabe somebodies
when we're dead,
they'll know just who we are

Some children died the other day
we fed machines and then we prayed
puked up and down in morbid faith
you should have seen the ratings that day

It struck me, we live in such a morbid society. Of course you're going to say it's not always like this, that there are nice things that take place in this particular human civilization corner (like...balloon rides stuck to the ground or smoking hookahs until 2 AM talking about toilet paper and economics), but the sad reality is that, there are really f***ed-up things in this world and all the nonsense doesn't help.

Here are the Nobodies:




Let's be "somebodies" who give a damn if people need our help!

No comments: