Sunday, January 6, 2008

American Christmas...part 3 - Burried in Snow

I'm looking outside and it's snowing like in the fairy tales we use to hear when we were kids. Outside all is covered in snow and if you go out, in about 10 minutes, you become a walking snowman.

As you might have already heard or read, California and Nevada are being hit by a huge snow storm these days. A lot of main streets are closed, you see people with shuffles everywhere, like in a horror film, most of the cars skate even with their chains on, airports are being closed, flights are being canceled, people are freezing and I'm sitting comfortably in my warm and nice room, watching the NFL playoffs (not my choice, it's not only my room :D) and surfing the net.

I should be very worried that I might not be able to arrive in Romania on time, I have a lot of projects to finish and they're not even started yet...but no, worrying is the farthest thing from my mind at the moment, I guess I'm kind of mesmerized by what's happening around me...I'm stuck in the USA in the middle of a snow storm :).

If you want to have an idea of what's going on here, just look outside your window, because I know that Romania doesn't have an easier fate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bai lumi, mai hai si tu pe acasa, lasa america aia :P

Roxx said...

ehhh... si eu m-am blocat prin bulgaria, cu zapada asta :P
sper ca ai ajuns cu bine in romania ;)

Lumi said...

Am ajuns si in Romania, dupa 36 de ore on the road :D. I officially hate Schipol airport in Amsterdam, am asteptat 8 or ein el :(.