Friday, October 19, 2007

VMware and other happy tales

Lately I found a thing that I love (let it be noted that I wrote thing not person), my MacBook. I bought it from the States with the money I earned this summer...mainly because I'd been wanting one so badly since May this year when I saw it in a computer store.

Every day has been a day of discovery with it, Mac OS X has a really friendly user interface, although it is a lot different from the Windows one we are all familiar with. I wanted more though...
I kind of gotten used to the Mac OS X, but I also wanted Windows on my MacBook in order to benefit from applications from both operating systems.

There are several ways to install Windows applications on a Mac: you can download windows applications made especially for Mac (like Office 2004 for Mac) - but that kind of costs you-, you can install Windows and Mac OS on your computer (it's easier if it's Intel based) and switch between them by rebooting (but that's not highly recommended) or you can do what I did...install a Virtual Machine and have both Mac OS X and Windows XP (because Vista is too much of a resource eater) at the same time. To apply this marvelous facility on my laptop I used a little VMware called Parallels Desktop.


But enough about the one that occupies most of my time these days. On Wednesday evening I went to the cinema with a bunch of friends and I saw the new Silence of the Lambs-related -film, Hannibal Rising. Why did I went to this film?...Hmmm...I'm actually wondering myself...at least the actors pretty convincingly got in the skin of their characters ...in more ways than one.

Pretty landscapes, a lot of gruesome scenes, if you are not into the whole "nobody is worthy of redemption and I'm kind of a cannibal" way of living and you haven't seen the Anthony Hopkins films about Hannibal Lecter, then I suggest staying away from this last one...Just in case you do think it's worth seeing, here's the trailer...maybe you'll change your mind :D:



In other order of ideas...the new Heroes season started in the USA and the 4th episode is already out, so GO AND GET IT!...from Torrents of course...luckily we have the REGIA around ;).


Have fun watching...or not watching what's on today!


Best wishes,
Lumi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tare. oare aveau de la inceput in plan sa le faca asa, sau doar pe parcurs s-a gandit ala ca ar putea scoata mai multi bani punand inceputul la sfarsit:P oricum, farmecul lui anthony hopkins a facut ca celelalte doua filme sa fie mai mult decat niste chestii scarboase. ceea ce ma indoiesc ca se va intampla si cu baietelul asta.

Lumi said...

The thing is the kid is good and cute, but he isn't enough to make this film a masterpiece.