Monday, October 8, 2007

Is there such a thing as BAD LUCK?

In Romanian we don't have an expression quite similar to the one in the title. Let's think about it for a little bit. Bad Luck can be translated through "ghinion", Good Luck through "noroc", but just, plain old Luck can be translated as "noroc" too, but the meaning heads more to the idea of faith, destiny.
So, to recap the, Luck is sort of a given thing, you can even consider it the sum of energies that surround a person all his/her life and if we pick a certain moment in the time of that person's life, than the Luck classifies itself in either Good or Bad, it all comes down to "Do you feel lucky, punk?...Do you?" :D. As it seems, Lucky is the adjective from Luck, but in all he situations it is used (currently), it has a direct link to the expression Good Luck, because being Lucky means that you have Good Luck :), it never means that you might, sometimes, have Bad Luck.

Why this rattling about Luck? Because, as it seems, lately I'm running very low on it, Good Luck that is.

Last night, when yet another bunch of actions went totally wrong, I had a revelation (not a religious one, just a plain awakening), the strange thing is, I don't know exactly what triggered this or what it was about, but suddenly the problems I am still facing kind of faded away (NO...I didn't smoke pot!).

If I were lucky every single moment of my life, how could I enjoy every single moment of it?

Here's a film I saw when I was a kid about the very theme in this post.
If you can find it, enjoy it!...if you can't...I'm sure you can live perfectly well even without it ;).



...just my luck, I can't find it. Sorry! The Romanian translation for it was "Norocosi cu ghinion", it's a French film. If I'm lucky enough to track it down this week, then you're in luck.


Best of luck to you! :D


PS: The film was made before 1990, so Le Boulet that came out on DVD isn't the right one.

No comments: