Monday, June 25, 2007

Lake Tahoe and the USA

Start: I have arrived at the most beautiful mountain resort I have visited so far. The lake is breathtaking and the view is incredible. Lake Tahoe is surrounded by snowy mountains, its water is very cold and on its shore you can take a sun bath on a warm beach or you can enjoy a sunset like no other I have have set my eyes on.

Home: I'm staying in a spacey apartment with my seven friends with whom I have started this American adventure (when we all sit down and watch TV together we're like the "Friends" cast in a brand-new-Romanian episode). Our American home is in California and the place where we work is in Nevada (because the border between the two states passes trough Lake Tahoe City).

Work: We all work in a Golf Course resort, the most expensive one that is around here. Five of us work in the kitchen the other three work in the maintenance department. My kitchen coworkers are very friendly and smart and we talk all day long (one of them is almost as chatty - if not chattier- as myself). A lot of Mexicans work here so I have the great chance of improving my Spanish as well as my English skills this holiday.

Films: I saw a very interesting and intriguing film with Joe (a quick-made friend that lives near my new home). The film is called Garden State and I think that the writer knew someone like me when he wrote the screenplay (those who know me and will see this particular cinematographic piece will find out why I wrote all the above :D).



End: This is it for now. Unfortunately I don't have Messenger around here and my schedule doesn't allow me to surf the net whenever I please, but I shall try to keep you connected to my American summer. Until next time, watch Garden State and have a great holiday/vacation/season.

Lumi

PS: Happy birthday Vlad. I hope that you found a job and that you are cheerful, merry and all that all year long. Best of luck! Hugs and kisses!

4 comments:

Mermaid said...

Nu stii ce fericita sunt sa aflu primele tale impresii pozitive despre America. Ma bucur mult pentru voi si traiasca blogul k asa mai sunt si eu la curent cu viata voastra :) Have fun in continuare si voi reveni si eu cu mai multe amanunte despre peripetiile noastre de pe meleagurile romanesti.

Cezar said...

foarte tare fata!!!
salutari la lume...

vezi ca ti-am adaugat link-ul de blog la al meu la sectiunea cu alti blogonauti
o sa mai vezi pe acolo si trimiteri catre al arinei, george ionita si altii

aurelian-cezar.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Asteptam cu nerabdare bloguri noi :) cred ca e palpitant acolo... dar daca ne tii la curent putem sa traim cu tine american experience. (noi muritorii-oamenii obisnuiti-prietenii tai din ROmania). te pup. take care. Sorin V.

Lumi said...

Oameni buni, tx for still checking out my blog. Pupici multi si poate ne vedem la o sueta in toamna. Mai multe chestii in postul din 5 August.Peace.