Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let me sing you a waltz...

...no, or...I just don't know, I really don't know. It's like even the most intense reality I experience doesn't feel real anymore. Is it a trap that I've carefully and unconsciously created for myself in the past few months, or all my life? Is it...a trap, a cage? Because this is exactly what it feels like.

We are, all of us, the prisoners of our own mind. And I'm not talking any Matrix BS here. I genuinely experience mental entrapment each day that I face. I try to escape through films. So far, I have been unsuccessful, but there are a lot more films that ca provide a surrogate escape from the unreal reality that I'm passing through, or maybe that passes through me.

A brief surrogate escape was recently provided by two films, about a beginning and an end: Before Sunrise (1995) and Before Sunset (2004).

Maybe they'll help you more that they helped me, or maybe you'll just take a trip through Vienna and Paris, from the perspective of two people that have an opinion about everything. You might just find a few things you thought about at one point in your life.


Before Sunrise




Before Sunset - The Waltz

No comments: